Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On Prague and scarlet fever.

I love how suspicious everyone is in a doctor's waiting room. Yesterday morning I noticed some little red dots on my hands, arms and shoulders. Soon they were everywhere. Mom called the pharmacist and had her interview me about this evil sickness that hasn't gone away for weeks, and when all was said and done, the woman was determined that I might have scarlet fever and that I should get to a doctor as soon as possible. I had to go to school first, though, so I made my best effort to stay away from people. About the time the rash had spread to my face, Mom and I pulled in in front of the doctors. We walked into the crowded waiting room and - surprise - waited. I hate waiting rooms, they're almost as bad as hospitals themselves. Everyone looks incredibly grossed out about everyone else's problems. ("Ew, you're sick! *cough cough hack*") The woman sitting across from me kept looking me over and then looking away quickly, as if making eye contact with me would spread the rash.

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know (hopefully) that I do not have scarlet fever. As undramatic as it is, I'm apparently allergic to penicillin, which was in the antibiotics they gave me last week at the ER. So now I'm off of those, which means that my sore throat and ear infection came back. I'm a mess. As if feeling this sick wasn't bad enough, I now have a completely red and bumpy body to go along with it. They took some of my blood away to do some tests on it. And worst of all, when Mom took me to McDonalds afterwards to get a sundae, they weren't serving ice cream. I think somebody has it out for me.

In other news....

I got an email today. I was chosen to be on the team going to Prague! I'm so excited. Slightly worried, too, though, because I still have no idea where the money will come from. But I've been praying that, if I wouldn't be able to pay for it, that God wouldn't have them pick me this year. And they picked me. So that must mean that God's looking out for me. Guess I'll just have to see what I can do and wait on the rest.

Though I'm not going anywhere today (which is nice, because I look like a victim of chicken-pox) I still have a boat load of homework to do. Annnnd, I need to write letters asking people for money. Fun fun fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment