Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fact:

1. When I was six years old (or so), I shook Wayne Gretzky's hand.

2. I have been drinking coffee since I was four.

3. The more homework I have to do (like today, for example), the longer I will do something else. (Like this, for example.)

4. When I'm home alone, I play the piano and sing opera for kicks.

5. Back in the summer (after performing in two musicals) when my voice was really warmed up, I could sing "Point of No Return" from Phantom of the Opera. And sing it relatively well, too.

6. In fact, Phantom of the Opera is my favorite musical (along with Singing in the Rain and Mary Poppins... strange mixture, I know.) and my ultimate dream is to perform in it someday as Christine. Of course, this will never happen, but it's a nice thought.

7. If I'm alone and reading a book (especially a boring one), I'll often read it out loud in creepy voices.

8. Also. I talk to myself out loud.

9. I'm not at all boy-crazy in the normal sense, but I'm willing to bet money that I've got more celebrity future-husbands than anyone. (These include: Marlon Brando, James Dean, Gregory Peck, Peter O'Toole, Lee Pace, Colin Firth in P&P, Cillian Murphy [yes, I'm aware of the creepiness], Gerard Butler in PTO, Paul Newman, Clark Gable in It Happened One Night, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, and Evan Lysacek.) And yes, I'm aware that many of these are dead or very very old. It complicates things greatly.

10. When I was young I wanted to be an astronaut and waitress, on the side.

11. Mostly, now I want to be a writer and an actress. The bummer is that to really make it big in either of those fields, you've got to commit to solely that. I suppose I could be both and settle for being mediocre, but that's boring.

12. I have an incredible memory when it comes to movies and books, but not when it comes to things people tell me.

13. I have a lot of inane fears, but the biggest one is definitely my fear of bugs. Spiders, mainly. I also fear lightening, jellyfish, and bicycles.

14. When I watch sports movies (which isn't often), I get upset and all angsty about how I need to work out more.

15. My first memory is telling my mom that I had corn stuck in my nose at the dinner table.

16. I have broken my left arm twice in my lifetime, sprained a toe (how lame is that?) and have cracked a rib or two. Also, I've slammed my hand in more doors than I can count. (This was especially awkward when I was having an argument and tried to slam the door in the person's face... and my hand got in the way.)

17. I once convinced someone that "Farewell to Arms" was about amputee victims.

18. I'm not a feminist according to today's standards, but in some circles I am considered as thus. And it makes me happy.

19. I get incredibly irritable when someone contradicts me and I know I'm right. The worst part is that I will fight to the death to prove that I'm right. This used to work out alright, until my best friend suddenly got just as bad as I am. We now take turns allowing each other to think they're right.

20. Speaking of friends, I've got the best one in the world.

21. I do quirky things when I'm alone, like making dinner and eating it by candlelight, and somehow I always end up depressing myself.

22. In my junior year I took kickboxing at the community college, and one day I was feeling particularly angsty. I punched the leather paddles for so long and so hard that my knuckles bled, and it made me feel like Rocky. It was wonderful.

23. I amuse myself, and I hate it, because I'll be sitting there in a boring situation listening to other people talk, and I think of something that completely cracks me up - and I can't stop laughing once I start.

24. I don't really like eggs, and I will not eat chicken off a bone.

25. I'm incredibly OCD, but only about certain things. My room being one of them. If so much as a picture frame is tilted the wrong way, I can't do anything else until it's right.

26. Accents = automatically amazing people.

27. I rarely delete voicemails. When I'm depressed and missing people, I listen through the messages to hear their voices.

28. Julie Andrews' voice makes me happier than anything.

29. Sometimes I'm caught completely offguard by beautiful things like the moon and stars. There aren't words to describe the feeling of standing in a secluded place away from city lights, and looking up.

30. One night on vacation, Kate and I went out on the snowy driveway with Jon and Dad, who let us smoke cigars with them. Jon got a picture of the us; while I'm concentrating on blowing smoke rings (or trying to), Kate is choking on smoke and looking remarkably like Bela Lugosi. How I do love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment