Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Milestone

I have no idea how long I worked on it for, but I do know that it was in it's early stages in the winter of 2008. So at least a year and a half. As of last night, I finished it! 86 pages. Longest thing I've ever written. The only thing that came close was the story I titled after Eliot's The Hollow Men, which was 78 pages and about 4 or 5 thousand less words, but that was kind of crappy and basically "Red Eye" on a train. I have no idea if this one's any better, and I know that even if it IS, I'll be revising it for forever... but I don't care.

I FINISHED something. I finished 86 PAGES of something.

I feel amazing.

4 comments:

  1. (polite applause)

    _Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you let me read it? I would love to!
    I'm excited for you! That really is an accomplishment ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, B, I've gotta do some fixing first... I've been having this terrible fear that maybe it's not good at all, and nobody will ever want to read it... so now I have to make it perfect. Which means that you can all probably read it in fifty years or so.

    ReplyDelete