Wednesday, March 24, 2010

At the latter I was informal, at the former I wore my suit.

I am simply incandescently happy. Actually, more like jumping around the house singing "We are the champions" and barking at Alfie. When I stepped out of class today at 4, the feeling began: Spring break, I love you.

I've become a fan of a few different songs of late. They're not my normal style, but they make me really happy. Which, I suppose, makes them my style. "Alright" by Five For Fighting, and two songs by The Guggenheim Grotto, "I Think I Love You" and "Told you so." Then of course, "Short People" by Randy Newman is always a winner... though, I think my favorite happy smile song ever is "The Swimming Song" by Loudon Wainwright. Seriously. How can you not be happy when there are songs like that in the world?

Which, by the way, is a far cry from last night. For the story (which I am now editing) I decided to research suicide letters and see how people tend to phrase things, etc. Man. I would not recommend doing that...

There's this horrible little sparrow that's taken to terrorizing our cars. I thought it was cute the first time I saw it, sitting on the side of the windows and flapping its' wings at its' reflection in the side-mirror, but then it started leaving its crap all over our cars (mine included, and this is the main problem). Now it's not cute. Now I want to kick it. Whenever I come out to get in the car, there it sits, looking at me like, "Yes, what?" I chase it off and all it does is sit on the roof of the garage and wait for me to leave. Hateful thing.

In the back of my mind, I know that spring break is only one week and there's so much I need to accomplish in it... studying french, mostly, and teaching myself this last chapter before our text next Monday. But right now I don't care. I'll start worrying about that in a few days.

I feel like running miles, or baking something, or something crazy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment