Saturday, October 30, 2010

I had a lengthy discussion about the power of myth with a post-modern author who didn't exist.

Haiku:

Dark and majestic
Rain falls on the ancient bridge
Baptism of the saints


Acrostic:

Smug and silent
Until her eyes reveal her
Killer
Instinct

And another one for good measure...

Find something out about yourself,
If you have the courage to try.
Resist the urge to
Stick with the familiar:
This day will be your first.


Cinquain:

Take-Off
Loud, Swift
Whirring, Thundering, Speeding
Suddenly you glide on air
Beginning


Five Sense Poetry:


Comfort
Comfort is the color of a candle’s glow.
It sounds like the inflection used in prayer.
It tastes like a frothy latte
And smells like warm vanilla.
Comfort looks out at the rain from a warm room
And makes you feel like everything is in its place.


I need to do a thesaurus poem next but I hate that kind. I also can't think of a word.

1 comment:

  1. I love them! Each on is so unique and perfectly expressed. I love the one about Sookers. You should post a picture of her to prove your point :-)

    I'll be curious to see your thesaurus poem! What class is this for? Knock their socks off!

    ReplyDelete