Monday, March 15, 2010

How rabbits do travel.

My computer is suffering! I've been on Mom's for the past few days, because for a few weeks mine has been freezing up beyond assistance until it finally won't turn on at all. Which is bad - seeing as how I've kept everything I've written on there since I was eight years old. Yesterday, though, we managed to keep it alive just long enough to transfer my file to a flashdrive. Most of my stories (a few short ones aside) have been trash, but there's one I've been working on (on and off) over about three years. At 72 pages so far (and near the end, too), it's actually the longest thing I've ever written. So I'm glad it's safe.

Without writing to do, about the only thing I've been doing on the computer is playing solitaire. By the by, solitaire = horrible game. Addicting, deceptive, horrible game. I've played 118 games and only won 18. Do you know what that means? I've lost 100 times.

Sometimes I think I fail at things.

Along this rabbit trail, I got an 82% on my French Midterm. The one I starved and struggled and died over - not to mention studied for. I know an 82 is supposedly respectable, but I can't help being a little bummed - in two consecutive semesters, this is my first B. Granted, it DOES put me in the higher-grade half of the class.

But still... a B.

Amelia makes fun of me for being an over-achiever and a teacher's pet. I have to admit I am an over-achiever (the teacher's pet thing is strictly not my fault)... but it's not because I want to impress other people. I just can't stand thinking, "I wish I had done better." I stress me out. And this is difficult - if it were anyone else, I could just avoid them... but I don't think it's so easy to avoid your own psychotic self. Rats.

On a totally different rabbit trail that's not even on the same plot of land as that one...

I realized recently that I absolutely hate the phrase, "I'm considering liking so-and-so." Not only does it sound slightly snobby, but it's just downright silly. People keep trying to make things matter more than they do. Who says you have to come up with an answer right then and there? If you don't like so-and-so, don't consider. If you do, great, have at it and leave the rest of us alone.

Of course, this might just be a bitter statement from a girl with currently no interest in anyone. Which makes life quite dull, but nicely free from drama. And, it gives me a bit of a platform from which to mock others. Heh.

Can you believe it's 6:46? It's still light and I'm not even hungry. Ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. How is it possible that that computer is half as old as you are? I think we need to find some rich relative to give us both new computers. Mine's having sympathy pains with yours.

    ReplyDelete