Monday, March 29, 2010

Iced tea.

I don't really have any interesting news to write about, but I figured I'd better write and say hello before anyone thought I'd become too obsessed with French to care. Actually that's not the case. I doubt anyone would think that, because I doubt I could ever become that obsessed with French. It IS a lovely language, and I do wish I could speak it fluently... however. Reality must be reckoned with.

I've been drinking the Suttle's iced tea all day. Mr. Suttle makes wonderful iced tea, because he uses buckets and buckets of sugar. Speaking of drinking. I've never felt effected by alcohol in my entire life (not that I DRINK drink, silly, but often with dinner my dad will give me a glass along with it, and for special occasions, and such.). But last night, when I got home for dinner, I hadn't eaten in 12 hours and I had a glass of red wine.... MAN. That is not a good idea, let me tell you. I don't get hyper when that happens, I just kind of crash and become dizzy and melancholy. Lesson learned: never have any (ANY) sort of alcoholic beverage when you haven't eaten a meal all day.

Now that that's off my chest.

Yesterday was a crazy day. I went to our church, of course, and then Laura and I dashed off to Camarillo for Amelia's baptism. I've never seen that kind of baptism before, actually. Our church does infant baptisms. I was proud of Amelia though. Her testimony was wonderful. And she's just so cute, we can't help but love her. ;) Then I went to the Mitchell's at 2 to watch "1776", which is the play we're doing this summer... not the most exciting thing in the world, but hey, a play's a play. They're fun.

Today I slept in until ridiculous hours, made wonderful pancakes, practiced guitar for ages, and went to my last guitar lesson. I liked lessons, but it IS nice to have one less thing on my plate for this semester.

OH, and I called Gabe from MHP (the camp I worked at last summer) and since I'm going to Prague, I can't work at MHP this summer... but. I do get to go and help out for a week or so, which is nice. I'd be kind of sad if I didn't go at all.

They're making dinner without me. Better go before I get assigned for cleanup. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment