Monday, March 8, 2010

Maybe if I age backwards?

I wonder how many people across America spend the day after the Oscars thinking about what they'd say for their acceptance speech. I was thinking about it this morning, as a matter of fact. Oddly enough the first thing that came to mind was when my mom told Papa that I was going to be in my second musical last summer, and he looked at her and said, "Y'know, ONE of your kids has to get a real job..."

As far as Oscars went, last night's was pretty awful. Not to mention slightly odd for me because I hadn't seen any of the movies (except Transformers 2 [which I regret], which was nominated for sound. Riveting.) I have to say the only funny part was Tina Fey and Robert Downey Jr. Of course, I think I just got spoiled after last year. I'm now pretty certain that no one, no host or joke or presentation, can beat Hugh Jackman's opening. I've had it stuck in my head all day, because after I finished watching last night (and before I started working on homework) I looked it up on youtube. I mean, look at this and tell me it's not incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Terhj8mjPwY

(The reader! I haven't seen the reader!)

I need to find this man and marry him.

3 comments:

  1. It's gonna happen for you some day :)

    p.s. I'm pretty sure you have more celebrity crushes than anyone I know! And I always thought Kate was the boy crazy one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love him. but the older i get the gayer he seems.

    ReplyDelete