Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This is an old song, these are old blues.

I don't know why, but blogging just hasn't been appealing lately. It's kind of funny to me how blunt I've been on here in the past - sometimes about things that matter, but not usually. Or at least not always. But these days, writing my innermost thoughts on a public webpage just doesn't seem like a great idea. It's kind of weird for me to feel that way, since I used to depend on "dumping" my mind here every night, to keep things up there (relatively) clutter-free. But yeah. Not so much now.

I will tell you that my arms are sore. I had to go to the doctor yesterday to complete the requirements for entrance to Wheaton. That was pretty much the worst doctor experience ever. They were really confusing, and the nurses weren't communicating well so I almost ended up getting the wrong injections... the paper work was all mixed up... we went home and had to go back an hour later, because they forgot to give me another shot... AND it must have been a bad day for my nurse, because she was a rather terrifying person to have to deal with. Anyway. I really only got 3 shots, once all was said and done... but the visit(s) on a whole was extremely stressful and took up way too much time. Oh shoot, and I have to go back on Thursday to get my arm looked at so that they can tell me that I don't have tuberculosis. Hopefully.

Also, my car was difficult last week, but nothing major happened until Sunday. I got in the car to drive to church, and it didn't start. We took Kate's car, but still, it's sort of lame knowing that your car is dead and not knowing what's wrong with it. It was out of commission for two days, but Dad cleaned the engine up a bit and bought me a new battery, and Peter is running just fine now. So yay.

Things have been interesting lately. Not really anything that would make an interesting story to tell... just things, I guess. I go to rehearsals for 3 days mid-week, and when I'm home I try to fill my time with college things or else I just hang out with people. Somehow I end up being gone most of the time, but I don't really know where I go. Things just seem to keep coming up. I still have to make good on a lot of summer plans, like visiting the Brubakers, spending more time at Jon and Megan's, reading many books, WRITING things (AGHGHGHHHHH. I NEED TO WRITE.), and possibly learning how to ride a bike... but yeah. Somehow I'm always too busy.

Tomorrow I'm hanging out with various friends at various locations from 10 to 5:45, at which time I will head to Ojai for evening rehearsals. I spent Wednesday night there now, so that I don't have to get up ridiculously early for Thursday morning rehearsals. I feel like I'm doing something on Friday, but I can't remember what. Heavens. Maybe I SHOULD blog more... if not for writing's sake, at least to remind myself of what I should be doing.

One thing that I should be doing is going to visit Ivy Lawn Cemetery. I haven't been there since the day before I went to Ireland. I think about visiting every time I drive past, but I'm always either on my way someplace (and usually late), or it's after closing time. That sort of just makes me feel continuously guilty. I should have time to go and visit my grandfather, for heaven's sake.

I'm going to be at Wheaton in two months, I just realized. Crazy. Oh my goodness - I have so many things to buy. Agh. I hate spending money. I don't HAVE money! I... need to fix that.

Oyy, life is weird. Everybody's growing up and changing themselves and going away. It was a cozy little world, this one - but it doesn't really exist anymore. And there's no sense missing something that doesn't exist, is there?

I wonder what things will be like in 10 years.

Right. I'm going to pack now so that I don't have to in the morning. Goodnight, folks. I'll see you when I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment