Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hello, Peter.

I'm now writing to you from a brand new computer, appropriately titled Peter PC. As in the commercials you see with French people... but called Peter. It's more personal. I've been going around since yesterday saying, "Moi, je suis PC, et Windows Sept c'était mon idée."

I also have brand new glasses. Well, sort of. They're old frames but new lenses. And, a new case that looks like a watermelon. I look funny with glasses, I've always thought, even though these ones are pretty fashionable. The nice thing is that I only have to wear them when I'm doing up-close things, like reading or doing things on the computer. I had contacts and I liked them better - but apparently my vision isn't bad enough to merit contacts. Which is slightly depressing.

You know, there are weeds just outside my window that are taller than Alfie. For an ant, I imagine it's like walking in the Rockefeller Forest amongst the sequoias.

It's ridiculous how much homework I should have done already, and should be doing now. Actually, I've had far worse. Still, there's no excuse for my being on the internet right now. Aside from the fact that I'm hungry, and when I'm hungry I can't do school. I suppose I could eat. But then I wouldn't be able to write. Plus... I don't know that we have any food. I should look into that.

ps. Waking Ned Devine is still one of the most hilarious movies of all time. That song they play at the end is one of my favorites ever. There's something about Irish music. It just fills you up with this triumphant but sad feeling until you feel like you'll explode from it. I wonder if it just does that to people of Irish heritage?

2 comments:

  1. It's the era of the new Petah!
    We needed to keep one in the family :)

    Irish music does that to me too. I brought in a few cds on Wednesday and taught the kindergarteners how to do a jig. I wish I had it on video! It would certainly lift your spirits :)

    Also, I was at Universal Studios yesterday, and they had an animal show that was a lot of fun. There was this orangutan, and it smiled just like Papa Chuck and lifted his arm to wave to the audience just like Papa. Is it wrong that a cute monkey made me miss him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie, that is a little wrong. All the same, I'd like to see the smile. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete