Friday, September 2, 2011

Baseball caps?

I have a job!!!!!!!!!!

Rather remarkable how it happened, really. I set out today, dressed to the nines, with the intention of searching till I found a place that would hire lil old me. I first went in to a pizza restaurant nearby that I'd never really thought of working at - but I thought, why not wet my feet with a place I don't really care about? Well, long story short, it turned out that they'd just lost their driver (delivery-man, in less glorious verbiage), and the hours of that particular driver would work perfectly with my strange schedule. So I did apply to a few places, but I pretty much have a guaranteed spot there. I'm going to be cross-trained, the manager said, so I'll be an official driver, but if I'm a quick learner, I'll also be working in the kitchen and serving. All I have to do is bring in my paperwork tomorrow or the next day, and I'll start training.

I'm pretty psyched about this. So is the rest of my family - except my stinking older brother, who is angry about the fact that they hired a girl as a delivery-man. Because, let's face it, there are some pretty sketchy places around here. But I'll deal with it. I'll deal with it because I'm GOING to Ireland, and I'll do what it takes to get there. Oh, which reminds me, I finally wrote to the pastor in Ireland. He said they'd be happy to have me, and he's asking around to see if he can find somebody who will rent a room to me. Things are moving! It makes me happy.

The downside of this job is that I have to wear a polo shirt and a baseball cap. Some people can pull those off, but I just never thought of myself as the type. Oh well. It pays.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! You're so cute and perky, and I know you'll love getting to play your own music during the majority of your shift :-)

    I'm so excited for you about Ireland! That's awesome!

    ♥ Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to get the best tips. I agree that it's not all that safe to hire a girl as a delivery boy, but on the flipside girls always get tipped better.

    AND YAY. And YES FOR MUSIC.

    And also I love you. And I got your postcard from Praha last week and was made happy in my heart.

    ReplyDelete