Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gym, textbooks and cigarettes.

When I wear my glasses, I feel like I should be working in an office in the 30's or 40's and smoking a cigarette, like the whole cast of Goodnight and Good Luck. I don't know if this is true, but my film teacher said that Clooney chose only actors who could smoke. Which makes sense, because everyone in the movie smokes the whole time. But then, my teacher also said that the Ian McKellen version of Richard III was set in the Elizabethan Era - then he corrected himself and said that it was during the George V/Edward/what-is-going-on-in-England crisis, which (according to him) took place before WWI. I know the man is intelligent, but sometimes he gets his facts a little crossed.

... I suppose the smoking-actor thing isn't too much of a stretch, though.

I'm so tired. I kind of failed at today - at least, the part of today that I had set aside for going to the gym. See, I spent all day in class, and then had to go to an audition for a play that I can't be in (probably for moral reasons as much as scheduling ones). It's just required for my acting class that we go through the audition process. I'd planned to go to the gym after that, but by then it was after 3 and I was tired and hadn't eaten all day... which keeps happening, by the way. I need to learn to REMEMBER to eat. Food is good. Anyway - so instead of going to the gym, I took the long way home and intended on doing homework once I got there. Well, I've been here for an hour, and all that I've managed to do is drink a coke (actually not even - I'm halfway through that process) and eat a bowl of pasta. Not exactly good brainfood. I've got to read philosophy for tomorrow, and then read books for English (that I don't have yet) and write two pages in answer to some questions for that reading. I'm kinda screwed. I'm so tired of being a step behind! Which is pretty much the story in most of my classes... because most of my books haven't come yet, so I haven't been able to do my homework. Sounds nice, I know - but that just means that once my books DO come, I'll have a whole mountain of homework to do. Doesn't sound really fun to me.

And I need to job hunt on Friday. Ew.

All I want now is to finish my homework and eat a lot of unhealthy food. Or maybe just the second part of that. Dad left two packs of sour-straws on my desk (my favorites) and I finished one whole pack in like five minutes. So now I've got a headache. Aaaaaaaaaand I'm drinking coke? Nothing I do makes SENSE!!! Agh!

... I need to go to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment