Sunday, September 11, 2011

The winds of change are blowing wild and free;

you ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I really should be asleep - but six hours will work for tonight. Last night (Friday, that is), I started work at 6:00 and got home at 1:30am. That was massively unpleasant, especially because I thought I'd be home at 11. It's so depressing to stand in a restaurant at midnight and look around after a huge party has just left, knowing that the task of cleaning up and closing the place falls on you, one other coworker, and the manager. Oh, we were a merry group. Not.

But anyway - that was yesterday. Tonight was actually much better, at least, easier. I only made three deliveries, though, so the rest of the time I was scrubbing dishes and folding pizza boxes... which kinda sucks, not going to lie. I also have to work Sundays, which reaallly sucks. I tried to get out of it but I can't, at least not until the owner hires another driver (if he can ever find another one without a DUI.). But the main thing about tonight that was good was that it was a slow night in the restaurant, so I got to go home at 9. That's kinda the thing I'm realizing that I really don't like about this place, though - you never know how long your shift is going to be. I've been asking my coworkers about that, and they're all just kinda like, "Yeah, I guess we just leave whenever he says we can." Which isn't a good answer, I feel. Well, we'll see how things go.

OH. You know what's lame? I washed my car yesterday (a long process, because of the fussy paint I have on it - hose it down, wash it, hose it again, and the pour distilled water over it and dry immediately so that it doesn't spot.... ughhhh). And then last night it rained. So now my car is all spotty again. GAH. Oh well. At least it looked nice for a night.

OH!! You know what's exciting, though? The baby shower for my NIECE is tomorrow. I'm psyched about this. She'll be coming pretty much any time in the next two weeks, I hear. I've known what I want to get our little KGB for a long time, but I haven't been able to track one down yet... I'm taking a last stab at it tomorrow after church, though, so we'll see. Beth, if you're reading this, don't get sad because I'm a procrastinator. I'm not. I've been diligently seeking! It's just that I haven't been diligently, well, finding. But I won't give up. :)

Man, I could really go for a steak quesadilla from Baja Fresh right now.

The moon is aaaalmost to where I can see it from my bed, but not quite there yet. Maybe two more nights. I really miss seeing it; it was so comforting on all those nights when I could.

Goodnight, moon.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the word "niece" in your blog makes me so happy! I'm so glad that Kayleigh gets to grow up with you as her aunt. And I'm excited to see you today!
    I love you!
    Happy seeking!

    ♥ Beth

    ReplyDelete