Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sleeping with a book-blanket out at sea.

From my journal during my break today. I wish I could also put a picture of the cool bicycle-dude I drew next to it. But that part you'll have to imagine.


What a weird world. I'm in the reading room in the library, and 3 out of 5 people I look at are plugged into ipads via headphones. It's like the TV rooms in Fahrenheit 451, except less invasive, which is almost worse. It's sneaky. They're in their own weird little universe of 2D-fiction, which is busily tricking them into taking it for 3D-reality.

Geography scared me today. All this talk about fault-lines, and valleys moving 18 feet in 45 seconds. California will be in the sea one day - actually, not even California as a whole. Only where I live.

(HAHA, I just sneezed really weirdly and tried to play it off like it didn't happen. I mock people like me all the time.)

I dropped journalism, by the way.

But yeah - so the world is moving at all of these crazy speeds, and all of these crazy forces are "ripping the Earth apart" (as my professor so calmly put it). So I'm afraid of the world now, and I'm weirded out by my philosophy class, so I'm afraid not only of physics but also of metaphysics..... gah. I have to keep reminding myself of Sund's diagram about fear and comfort and boundary-pushing, because otherwise I think I'd take the easy way and hide in my room and only come out for Christmas.

Everyone here is so suspicious. Aaaaaand I'm sneezing again.

HA! If I write "I'm sneezing", I don't sneeze.

I'm sneezing. I'm sneezing. I'm sneezing. I'm sneezing. I'm -

Damnit.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a nut.

    And I love you so much.

    Come and visit me?

    I be missin' youuuuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete