Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Let's get rich

and buy our parents homes in the south of France. Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance.

Oh, I should be asleep. I have a geography test first thing in the morning, and it's a long day after that. Also, I start work tomorrow night. (I went out and bought the khaki Dickies today, so it's official.) I'm tired, but I don't think I could sleep right now. Too much going on in this head of mine. First of all, I've been waiting for weeks for the moon to be in the right position so that I can see it when I lay on my bed, but it's been stubborn and unsociable. It's coming closer, though. Tonight I can see it if I sit on the foot of my bed. Tomorrow or the next night, perhaps. Suki sure enjoys sitting on the windowsill and looking at it, though. Of course, she also likes licking the windowpane. Weird animal.

I want to go dancing right now. Really badly. You know, that was one thing I really appreciated about Czechs - lots of them are really accomplished ballroom dancers. Dancing with someone who knows what they're doing really makes a difference.

I think that if I didn't have a test in the morning, I'd go for a drive right now. Drives make things better when I'm lonely.

You know something, we're all a lot more like each other than I think we allow ourselves to think. Just something I've been noticing lately.

Hm, I just saw a plane fly by. That's nice. Sometimes I randomly hear a train-whistle, too - which is weird, because I'm not really near a train station. I mean there's one in town, but it's rare to hear evidence of that. What's that line from "It's a Wonderful Life"... about the three most exciting sounds in the world? I can't remember them all... but I know train whistles were on there somewhere.

I'm so glad it's fall time. (Well, almost.) I'd be happy if it could be autumn all year long - there's just something inherently good about it. Maybe it's the spiced hot drinks, the scarves and boots, the coolness settling in at nights, the red that creeps into the trees... definitely a combination of all of those and more, though. Speaking of red in the trees, that's how most people tell if it's autumn or not - except in California, we don't really get seasonal colors. BUT, I've discovered a row of trees on the road to school that does change color in the fall-time. I noticed them last year, when they started turning red about this time, and stayed that way until early spring. And I'm talking bright red. They're beautiful! I wish we had more of those.

Well. I should try to sleep now. I'd like to say that I'll probably be awake for a while, and will just be staring out the window, thinking my thoughts and waiting for the moon to pass me by.... but in truth, I'll probably fall asleep within five minutes. In times like these, my laziness outweighs my artist-temperament.

Go listen to "Passenger Seat" by Deathcab for Cutie.

I wonder what other people are doing right now. It's so weird to think that it's tomorrow in some places, and various other times everywhere else... but it's RIGHT NOW, everywhere. Kind of a distant, but oddly comforting, feeling.

Goodnight.

Or, good morning.

Wherever you are, make it good.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, Joseph and I were talking about something like that last paragraph last night too. I would like to say that we were all thinking about it at the same time, but I think it was closer to 2 am when we were talking. But still.

    ReplyDelete