Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Merci, Severus.

You know how in one of the Harry Potter books, Harry gets an old text book with notes from a brilliant and slightly sadistic student? All semester I've been thinking of it, because I got my French book from my friend Laura, who got it used from someone else... and this someone else must have been very smart, because they'd marked the book all up (which has been VERY handy through the semester.). They write all these little helpful notes that I don't even know how they knew... but this one made me laugh.

There was a section about how to give and receive compliments... (C'est vraiment chic, votre robe... Quelle belle cravate... Tu trouves?... Je l'ai depuis longtemps... etc.) Handwritten, underneath all of these, was something that all sisters should know how to say:

Merci, mais tu ne l'auras pas.

(Thank you, but you can't have it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment