Sunday, April 18, 2010

And I will sing a lullaby.

9 days of French, 12 days of math. 30 days, twelve hours, left in all. Having been counting down since February, these numbers are a major improvement.

This weekend went way too fast. Friday was Groups, after which I went to Amelia's and spent the night... stayed up too late and drank (somehow) not enough coffee. We also seem to have no grasp of time, because we were playing the guitar and making up a ridiculously weird and amazing song when (apparently) everyone else was trying to sleep. Oops. Around two or three I tried to get up from where I was sitting on her bed and literally FELL off. Not slipped, or tripped, or simply mis-landed... actually FELL. I swung myself off the bed, my socks slipped on her wooden floor, I reached out to balance myself with her chair but, as it was on wheels, the chair went one way and I went another, and landed with a thud on the floor. It was hilarious, and my knees are bruised to prove it. ha, not quite as bruised as Kate's knees though, but that was her own fault.

Last night was the sock-hop dance, which is always fun because those 50's skirts twirl extraordinarily well on spins. (Why ARE those called 'poodle skirts' anyway, when they don't even have poodles ON them?) Somehow Amelia and I ended up talking to people outside more than dancing, but that was good too. It was too crowded inside anyway.

I've been reading over my travel journal from last summer (Hawaii and Mile High Pines). It's fun to read the stuff that you'd sort of forgotten. I'm going back to MHP this weekend with the Groups gang, and I'm excited. I didn't realize how much I missed it up there.

I need to get sleep tonight. This is a must. I also need to go eat something. This is another must.

No comments:

Post a Comment