Sunday, April 25, 2010

I say, Children! Beware the bunkbeds!

Showers are a wondrous thing. I took one every day in the mountains but somehow I was brilliant and didn't bring shampoo/conditioner so my hair felt all gritty the whole time. Now, however, I am clean. :) Got home about 6, Mom and Dad dropped me off and went off to dinner with church people, so I've been unpacking, cleaning myself up, and drinking coffee. As well as being generally lazy. These few hours are my weekend - meaning, they are the time that I get to relax. I am going to make them count.

It was a good weekend. Interesting... a few unpleasantries. But good, in general. On the first day one of the mom's prayed that God would "teach us something we didn't know before". I was kind of wondering, rather stupidly, what I could learn up there. Heh... well. Don't really want to go into it, especially since it's over and really wasn't all that bad. I think sleep deprivation makes drama out of things. Suffice it to say that, for the first time since I was very young, I had a minor 'falling out' with a friend. I felt amazingly small and insecure about having to go and "talk things out". Guess I kind of forgot that things like this happen in friendships. It's sort of tough not to let pride get in and let me allow myself to feel hurt or wronged. But you know, that mom was right - God taught me something out of it, which I didn't even really realize until I got home. Mostly, I have to remember that nobody (including me - definitely including me) is perfect. We all have bad days and bad moods and you know what? people are people. It's always been kind of a weakness of mine - I tend to put the people I like up on pedestals, and if they do something that I view as stupid or wrong, the pedestal topples and I immediately dislike them. However, when something happens (and it wasn't just on their part, by the way) with someone I love, I can't just disregard them. It's definitely a lesson in patience. More of my problem than theirs. As weird as it was, I'm kind of glad for it - guess it was just God's way of reminding me that none of us are perfect, and we ALL need his grace and love to make things work out.

Anyway. Enough of this. I am sore - my neck and arms are killing me, mostly because I was painting ceilings all day yesterday. Also, I've become amazingly clumsy in my old age... this morning I was on a bunkbed and straightened up right into a light fixture with a massive dangling cobweb with many dead things in it. And this afternoon, I brilliantly decided that it would be easier to jump off a (different) bunkbed, than to climb across to another one and use the ladder... so I jumped, fell further than I thought, toppled forward, and crashed into a door which promptly opened and sent me flying out onto the porch. It was hilarious. I think I have learned my lesson, however. Bunkbeds are of the devil.

It was awesome hanging out with people. There were 43 of us this year; about 22 girls, of which all were junior-highers except Amelia, Taylor and I. So the three of us hung out with the guys the whole time. Which was nice; somehow I've always been more at ease hanging out with guys than girls. Girls are hateful creatures. They're always plotting. Take note of this, boys, and beware. Anyway, I also lost my voice the day before I left (the day we went to see Jon in The Merchant of Venice, which was, by the way, AMAZING)... I got a bit sick, see, so my voice just up and left. It's sort of coming back, but for a few days there I sounded like a 13 year old boy. Insecurities.

There is much to recount of the weekend, but I am tired and need another cup of coffee (for the road). Also, I don't feel like spilling my innermost thoughts and tales of what I think are worth telling. Because then they wouldn't be mine anymore. And we can't have that.

Goodnight. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment