Monday, April 19, 2010

Le triomphe!

Guess who got 101.5% on the last French test? AND whose teacher let class out an hour early? I am smiling like a triumphant pig. Who knew Mondays could be so nice.

Also, got the casting for 1776 the other day. Aside from a role as a congressmen (they need all the ones they can get...) I was cast as Martha Jefferson, one of the only two women in the play. It's quite nice, because I actually get lines of my own and a song. :) Though, she's only on stage for literally like five minutes... that's why it's nice to be the representative of Maryland as well. Though I have few lines as the man, I get to be in the background for most of the play. These roles have the promise of making rehearsals the most fun. *sly grin* Ha, and you know what else? This will be my third play this year, making it the third play this year in which Joseph and I are a couple. It's really quite hilarious. Though I think they only do that because he's the only boy in the cast who's taller than me. (Good for you, Joseph, by the by.)

I need to write more envelopes up for the Prague-letters. I also need to study for Wednesday's french test (hopefully I can duplicate the good grades..) AND I need to practice piano for tomorrow's lesson. Somehow I always end up forgetting to do that until the few days before. Ugh. I should tattoo my duties to my forehead or something...

OH. Another good thing. Yesterday was the last day to sign up for the ACHEV Spring Arts Festival. Last year Amelia and I played "Yosemite" by Rain Perry, which was awesome. That was when I got addicted to performing in front of an audience. This year, we're gonna do a song that she wrote (well, I wrote a verse... but she did the rest.) and then JON and I are going to play and sing "Yankee Bayonet". This makes me ridiculously happy. I've got the coolest brother ever.

So you who know us... be there or be square. <3

I'm going to go eat spaghetti and celebrate the day's triumphs. Then I will pretend to be busy until tonight, when I will sit down and think about how to politely stalk Evan Lysacek while I watch DWTS.

5 comments:

  1. 1) when are you playing??? that sounds fantastic!!
    2) i think you mean triumphant pug. and i hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3) you still need to play yosemite for moi. or show me a filmed version of it.
    4) is joseph clockboy? AHHH PRECIOUS CLOCKBOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2) In fact, I meant pig. I don't know why.
    1) May 2nd, a Sunday evening. Please be there??

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, oh wow, hi.

    I do still need to play that for you... hrmph. Maybe an after-show, if you come. ;)

    Also, yes, Joseph is clockboy. We have been silly furniture, singing policeman/ditzy girl, and now we are Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, that's my finals week, and it looks like it's going to be one packed week if i am to come down for a sunday night... buuuut that actually works out because i'll be moving back to ventura on that Saturday. perfecto.

    how on earth are you and that fugly scoundrel going to pull that off when you cannot rehearse together? are you just that good?

    triumphant pigs are incredibly rare... so it does not surprise me that you possess the traits of one. still. pugs i am more accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete