Monday, January 9, 2012

This is going to sound bipolar coming after my idealistic, excited post from earlier today... but I'm freaking out. My whole plan was to get a job for the next two months so that I wouldn't be completely broke when I come back in May... but all the sudden my mom is telling me that that's stupid and impossible, and that there's no way I can get a job (or should, in good conscience) for just two months.

I have no idea what to do for the next eight weeks. I mean, she's kind of right - I wouldn't tell the company (if I got hired) that I would be leaving in March, and I think that would make me feel guilty. I just wish I'd thought of this before. I mean I tried to get a job before Christmas, but nobody was hiring.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm really freaked out right now.

2 comments:

  1. ok, do not freak out. so long as you're not going to work for some mom and pop place that you have a connection to or someplace that will die without you, you're fine so long as you put in your two weeks. you are not legally obligated to tell anyone how long you plan to work and they aren't allowed to ask. people leave work after weeks all the time, and if you get some typical chain store job (food service, vons, etc), they're used to a high turnover. just make sure you put in the two weeks. your mum, bless her, worries too much! the only thing i would worry about is just finding a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (also i get that you feel guilty, but again, that's what the two week notice is for)

    ReplyDelete