Monday, January 30, 2012

More disturbing dreams.

Okay, I need to stop sleeping or something. These dreams are getting too weird.

Yesterday afternoon I crashed on the couch and slept for an hour or two. I had a dream that my family was staying in some cabin up in the mountains, and I went downstairs one morning to find a squirrel sitting on our porch. How nice, I thought. I open the door and look closer, and the squirrel is carrying another squirrel's head in its mouth. Freaked out, I go back inside, and find that the rest of the body is in our living room. Guts everywhere. I kept going from room to room to get away from it, but with every new room I came to, I saw new body parts of dead squirrels scattered about. It sounds weird, sure, but it actually really disturbed me. You know how some dreams just do that to you?

Then last night I dreamt that my family and a host of other families that we know were in a church for some very formal ceremony. Oddly enough it was conducted by my dad, but the service itself was actually very Roman Catholic. It was either the baptism or dedication of some kind of one of my friends - a girl that I respect a great deal. We were all sitting in the pews, and my friend came out from the back of the church wearing a white robe, followed by a ceremonial little entourage of church-folk. Halfway down the aisle, she stopped walking and looked very, very intently at the people around her. "Don't laugh at me. Please." She said, her voice sounding incredibly small and pleading. She kept repeating herself, over and over, somehow holding intense eye contact with every person in the church. I was thinking, This is crazy - how on earth could I ever laugh at you? "Please, don't laugh at me." The weight of her voice made me feel suddenly heartbroken, and I felt disgusting for making her think that I could possibly laugh at her. She was just staring at me, begging me, "Please." And I couldn't think of anything to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment