Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A bright star and dancing flower.

If there is a prize for Most Sentimental Packrat, I should win a close second after my father. That is, the younger version of me should win it. Recently I've grown disgruntled with all of the old junk in our house and since I can't get rid of anything that doesn't belong to ME, I've been going through my closet and drawers and throwing everything away. Or most everything. I've found several wonderful old notes from family members, or pictures that I drew, and other various items that I deem worthy of keeping. They're still going in a drawer that I don't plan on opening for another few years... but still. I don't have the heart to throw some of these things away.

One of these un-throw-away-able items was a note from Ami. I'm guessing it came after I finished my first year in a "real" elementary school, which would have been 2000, when I was about seven. I wish this was on one piece of paper so that I could frame it.

Dear Laura, Our Lollipop,
To say that you are a delight to Papa and me IS NOT enough. You are our bright star and dancing flower. School is out for a while - we're so proud of your accomplishments and wish you joy during your freedom.
Love always,
Your Papa and Ami


In light of everything that's going on right now (today especially... today - ugghhhhhh), I almost cried when I found this note. A person is a fool who says that encouraging words are unnecessary. I don't think I would survive without things like this.

1 comment: