Saturday, October 2, 2010

The weather was fine and the ocean was great,

and I can't wait to see you again.

It's almost midnight and I'm sitting here nursing my aching feet, drinking a mug of hot milk, and listening to the Avett Brothers. I'm a happy girl.

Amelia came over after groups yesterday and spent the night, and we spent today doing absolutely NOTHING. It was the most relaxed day I've had since I came back from Europe.. and a long time before that, too. We sat on the couch for like 6 hours, drinking coffee, singing Frank Sinatra, eating bagels, and watching 'Castle'. Then we went to the 'back to school' dance (which is odd, seeing as how I've been in school for well over a month), and I danced more tonight than I have at any other dance in a long time. It was awesome! Being at VC so much, I forget sometimes how endearing homeschoolers actually are... but they're fantastic. If you don't know a homeschooler, you should. (And if you know me, that counts, too.) I mean what other high-schoolers get together and lindy-hop or swing dance for fun? It IS odd, being among the oldest there now... the youngsters are pretty hilarious to watch, being so awkward themselves. But for me and the folks I know, it's a lovely time. Dances like tonight are one of the things I'll miss when I go off to college.

Love has been waiting, patient and kind.
Just wanting a phone call or some kind of sign
That the one that she cares for, who's out of his mind,
Will make it back safe to her arms.

Hate stumbles forward and leans in the door.
Weary head hung, eyes to the floor.
He says "Love, I'm sorry", and she says, "What for?
I'm your and that's it, whatever.
I should not have been gone for so long.
I'm yours and that's it, forever."

You're mine and that's it, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment