Thursday, October 21, 2010

But on a motorbike, when all the city lights blind your eyes tonight, are you feeling better now?

Alright. Due to the fact that Biola's application deadline for fall '11 is in a few weeks, I have had to make a few very important decisions. As of right now, here's where I am.

I've decided to stick around for another year (weird, I know), since there are more classes that I need/want to take than I could do in a single semester (which is all I'd have, if I decided to transfer in the fall.). So, I will take more grueling ugly classes next semester (including possibly another college algebra class... the realization of which just made a little part of me die). Then I'll have a nice little summer. Fall 2011 I shall continue at VC with more general ed classes, plus fun ones that I've been wanting to take but won't really transfer. I shall also get more involved with theater stuff and get a job. Then in spring 2012 (if, indeed, the Mayans were wrong and we'll all still be around by that time...) I will fly off to somewhere somehow. Still working on how I'd get to Ireland at this point. Then I'll come back, have another nice little summer, and transfer to somewhere. (Biola as a sophomore, anywhere else as a junior, since Torrey will call for 3 years instead of the 2 that everywhere else asks for.). I'll survive 2-3 years of college at which point I will hopefully be something of a fantastic writer. Past that, I haven't really thought about. This is all I have so far.

Somebody tell me it's a good idea?
(I figure asking for affirmation outright isn't as annoying as implying the need for it.)

2 comments:

  1. I know that was a hard decision, but I'm glad that you made it! Look at you! That was decision no one could make for you.
    Now you can breathe a sigh of relief and hunker down to what you need to do in the next year. I know its not your dream plan, but it's a good step, and I'm excited to see where your travels lead you!

    If you want to go to Ireland next spring, Bianca is looking for someone to go with her to the Druid festival. Apparently, they've just been declared an official religion and Momma B is looking for someone else "New Agey" enough to accompany her.

    Just a thought :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider yourself affirmed. Giving yourself opportunity to work and travel while taking other VC classes is going to expand your world and also help you save university money.

    ps, you and jon? yeah, related.

    the fall 11 deadline is really in a few weeks?! that's weird! it seems like it should be during spring semester.

    ReplyDelete