Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wheels keep on spinning round

It's so weird how summers used to seem to long and full of nothing. Not in a bad way, in fact that's what's lovely about them. This summer has been lovely, but nothing like the rest. Seems like I'm always gone doing something. They're good somethings, but still. I kinda wish there was more time to lounge around and read or write or something. Oh well. At least I'm not being eaten by a bear.

First off, happy 2nd anniversary to my big sister and her mr. :) Two years ago our house was filled with a hundred bridesmaids who hogged our one bathroom and made our house smell like hairspray and nailpolish, and I slept in Kate's room, on the floor. And none of us got any breakfast. Somehow those kinds of days always turn out nicely :)

Last night I started taking a lindy hop class. It's a summer class that the Bozarth's do, so I know everybody and it's fun. Lindy hop, though. Man. They had us do all these exercises to make sure we were leaning back enough (it was really just to make sure the guy had a good lead and whatnot), and we had to hold onto somebody, toe-to-toe and knee-to-knee, and go down in squat-position all the way, and then back up. For a long time. My legs hurt. Alot.

Katrina filmed a sequel to Bernie: World Traveler on Saturday/Sunday, using me again as Bernie (the well-kempt and well-to-do) and Joseph as the Painter (who dons a cowboy hat and boots in attempt to woo me). I'm excited to see how it turns out :)

I should probably start studying Czech. It's an interactive program on the computer that they sent to all of us. I started a few weeks ago, while I was studying up for my French final... I ended up getting them all confused, and when the computer asked me, "Jste Američan?" I responded, "Ano... je suis américaine." Well... perhaps I'll meet a French-speaking Czech, and then we'll hit it off just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment