Friday, June 25, 2010

Last I looked, we weren't all that into communism...

I got one of those email petition things that wanted me to sign my name to stop a bust of Stalin from being put up in the National D-Day Museum in Virginia. I hate those email petition things (half of them are fakes anyway) so I looked it up for myself. This is what I found.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-storozynski/us-honors-stalin-on-hallo_b_363141.html

How is that even possible? Sure, it's a privately owned museum and as such the owner can do what he pleases. Americans have the right to express themselves, after all. But Stalin? In the same place where veterans are being honored? This should be offensive to anyone whose family has ever fought in the US Army. I can't understand how anyone in their right mind would put up an image of the man the entire world was fighting, alongside with our heroes. And especially now that this McIntosh wants to receive federal tax dollars... how does he expect the American people to just let that happen? Granted, the American government hasn't been much of the patriotic kind lately, but if they allow this to happen, it will send out an even bigger message. The American people are losing backbone. Since when does "being accepting" include celebrating the acts of a mass murderer?

No comments:

Post a Comment