Monday, July 19, 2010

THREE days. And a half.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I came back from Prague on Monday the 16th as planned, and went to school on Tuesday the 17th, also as planned... but at the college, ALL of the buildings had been moved. I wandered around with a campus map (which I've never had to use before), asking people where things were, and of course no one understood me. So I'm running from building to building, through strange hallways and courtyards and across an empty stage (with a blue piano - not sure of the symbolism there) and before I know it, it's 6 o'clock and all the classes are over. The dream ended with me standing there in the middle of an empty, estranged campus, thinking, "Shoot. Now I'll never get my transfer credits."

My remaining days at home will go something like this:

Monday (today):
-Make millions of punch-outs of things like stars and hearts for the Czech VBS until my hands are blistered and dead. (Check.)
-Listen to Czech language cd's while Dad and I drive to LA.
-Watch my very first Dodgers game :)

Tuesday:
-Get shot by doctors in preparation for my trip. *shudder*
-Plan more English lessons.
-Buy the remaining things on my list... and find a suitcase large enough to fit it all.
-A hop, skip and a jump across Crocodile Creek and then north by northeast to the Mitchell's.

Wednesday:
-1776. 'Nuff said.

Thursday:
-Ideally a coffee with the girls in the morning.
-Pack!!!!
-Know exactly what I'm going to say for every lesson I am teaching. (We'll see how that goes...)
-Sit around with my lovely family who will mourn my absence, and then proceed to set up the Peter O'Toole portrait in my room. Traditions must be kept, and anyway, Jon and Kate must have someone to say "hello" to when their feet wander them into my room. :)

Friday:
To quote the Beatles, Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as a bird.

5 comments:

  1. Do you want to borrow my big blue suitcase? I could bring it up for you tomorrow. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a 50-pound kind? If so that would be fantastic! Also. You're coming tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES to Prague.
    and YES to that Beatles song :) It's so you.
    I will miss your cute face. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I going to see you before I go??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT YOU TO!!! but i don't know when.
    Maybe I shall drop by at some point on Thursday evening, after you've all been fed, to wish you well?

    ReplyDelete