Saturday, July 10, 2010

I was drawn into the pack and before long, they allowed me to join in and sing their song.

Kate and Katrina are going to a Paul McCartney concert tonight. I'm sitting here trying not to be bitterly jealous. Well, the man is magic and somehow I believe that he won't go and die before I've had a chance to see him... if I just jinxed you, Paul, I am very sorry...

There was a dance last night, the only one that I'll be able to go to this summer. I could have gone to the one after the graduation but I was busily eating Chinese food with Kate and watching Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, which, by the way, is a PRECIOUS movie. Mostly Lee Pace is precious. I still plan on marrying that man... somehow. We'll figure it out. ANYWAY - the dance. There are a lot of youngsters there nowadays, which is odd. All my friends little brothers and sisters. I suppose I was one of these youngsters once, but I always felt a lot older, anyhow... maybe it's the tall thing. People always assume that tall children are older. Amelia didn't want to go last night so she didn't, which was sad - we like to have each other around at social gatherings. We're mostly inseparable that way - except when dances are concerned, I guess. Every once in a while it's nice to hold your own, though, so it works out. Last night was mostly fun - though, between the fun, it gets kind of boring sitting there on a bench talking with other girls who didn't get asked or else couldn't catch a guy for a sadie hawkins. Though I DID wear a hole in my shoe (literally, a hole all the way through my shoe... which is sad, as they were my favorite flats) so I guess that means I did my fair share of dancing.

I also talked with some people about The Dining Room. The ball is rolling. :)

Lately Mom's been saying a bunch of things about money issues. She's been antsy about making sure that I get enough for Prague all along, but now it's that AND a lot of other things. The other day she made some comment about how this next year might be the only year that I can afford to stay home, which means that I would be transferring (somewhere...) right after graduation. Like next year. I told her that the plan was VC for another two years, and she just shrugged. I don't really know what that means.

Anyway. The plan for today is to finish up some crafts for the Czech VBS camps as well as listening to much music and/or Czech language cd's. I'm also going to Walmart at some point. Then to my grandmother's to ask if I can borrow some money for the trip.... I've realized that I'm the youngest Mueller to do a lot of things. Most of my siblings picked up THAT habit in college.

My cat just jumped on my lap and almost knocked over my coffee. Stupid cat...

No comments:

Post a Comment