Monday, June 13, 2011

Maybe I should just let it be, and maybe it will all come back to me.

It's been so long since I've written in here that I feel a bit paralyzed. I've been putting off writing an update-post for a few reasons... partly because I haven't really had the time to do it properly, but mostly because doing it properly would take a LOT of time. Somehow those seem like two individual reasons to me.

I'm falling asleep as I write. A few minutes ago I was downstairs with Mom and Kate, who were watching Hawaii 5-0, and I fell asleep within two minutes of the episode ending. Also, I'm on Dad's laptop, because after a year or so of a hard-fought battle over my computer, it seems that he has won. He's been slowly pushing me off, claiming my computer as his own bit by bit, and now I never have a chance to use it. This doesn't sound very bad, I know - but it's MY computer. All of my files are on it. My stories are on it. My music is on it. EVERYTHING that I have done since the age of eight is on it, and now I can't write stories or start any big projects on it because I never know when I'll get to use it next. Dad can claim it simply because it's on a desk, in a room where the light is better. Now he sits there and listens to sermons all day. He has a computer at his office for that, and he has this laptop for that - but no. My computer is no longer mine.

Hm. See, this is why I haven't been blogging... whenever I have the time, I'm too tired and crabby. I need sleep - I got back from Mile High Pines last night and you know, I haven't really had a chance to catch up from LAST week... actually from the semester... but that's alright. I've come to realize that I'd go crazy if I were to suddenly start to relax. I've been wound up so tight that if the top stopped spinning now, I'd probably fly off somewhere and crash. So busy is good. Busy is what I need. Most of the time. Right now, however, what I need is sleep. My stupid cat is licking my windowpane. Ugh... why does she do this?

Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Lou. Dad's funny...buy him a beautiful new laptop that he can use ANYWHERE there's good lighting, and he's going to keep with the old.

    Like the cheese grater.

    Like the toaster.

    Like the can opener.

    That's Dad.

    I'd say just take the laptop upstairs and stop worrying about it :-) All of your files should be backed up on an external hard drive, anyway (Daddy wouldn't be the first to accidentally wipe the hard drive...)

    ♥ B

    ReplyDelete
  2. But just because that's what he does doesn't mean it's right! Gah. This afternoon I had almost come to terms with it all, but I'm trying to use the internet right now from my bed, and the connection goes out about every five seconds. So this idea is not winning points with me right now.

    ReplyDelete