Sunday, June 26, 2011

And he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning.

I'm getting old. It's 10:45 and I'm dead tired - not only that, but over the year I've basically had constant back/neck pain... and this month my legs have been hurting all the time. I'm falling apart.

Oh well. It's all temporary, right?

My whole family was here tonight - well, all the Muellers, anyway. It was lovely. I guess they've all been about for the past week or so, but I've been house-sitting every evening, so I haven't really had a chance to enjoy it. We had omelettes and watched "To Kill a Mockingbird", and of course I cried throughout... and it made me think of how much I want to read that book again (I've read it twice - but oh. A third time is definitely in order.), and how much I want to name one of my sons Atticus. Seeing as how that's not the best-sounding name, however, I'll concede to letting it slide to middle-name position. But it's definitely coming into the family somewhere.

I've spent two or three days doing pretty much nothing. Which has been nice, but to be honest, I'm not a very patient lazy person anymore. I forgot how to relax over this semester, and I haven't really been able to get that back. I still have lazy days - but instead of being peaceful about it, I nag myself grudgingly until I can't take it anymore. It's annoying. In any case, that all has to stop soon. This will be a busy busy month. We leave for Prague in just under a month. AGH. I just realized that. We don't even have a full month. Good heavens.

Well. It'll all work out.

[I've also gotten much more.... 'eh' about things. In case you couldn't tell. Which, I suppose, is a good thing, or at least it seems to help me feel at peace with the craziness of things.]

I haven't cut a magazine in a long time. I'm going to go remedy that.

2 comments:

  1. One of the boys in the classroom next to mine is named Atticus. It's kind of funny on him, because neither of his parents really speak English, and I doubt they came upon it by reading Harper Lee. I'll fully support you, though :-)

    Come see the REST of your family soon! We miss you!

    ♥ Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also claimed the name Atticus. We must duel.

    Except the only person I've ever seen who has that name is the guy who helped do the music for Social Network, and he's all kindsa dorky looking.

    ReplyDelete