Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ireland

I've been on the website for the Presbyterian Church of Ireland all afternoon, looking at the websites of various congregations. The idea of just hopping off to Ireland used to fill me with this freeing, independent and adventurous sort of feeling. But now it's not all that far away, and it suddenly feels TOO free. There are so many options... and variables. It's the variables that get me. I mean it's still so exciting to me that it's POSSIBLE, but it's just so.... big. I'm the one responsible for getting it done, and that kind of scares me. Of course, it scares me even more that I might NOT get it done.

So I guess I'd better get back to the websites.

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered au pairing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, but I'd be going mid-semester and it seems like most agencies like to do semester-lengthed stints, unless you're going for a year or longer. Or summer. Also, most of the websites I came across seemed a little sketch.

    The idea is to write a pastor and ask if someone in the congregation wouldn't mind putting an American up for awhile... and hopefully I can find a church with a lot of events and things that I could offer to help with.

    ReplyDelete