Thursday, April 28, 2011

Did you forget your yellow bird? How could you forget your yellow bird?

And she took a small silver wreathe and pinned it onto me,
She said, "This one will bring you love."
And I don't know if it's true,
But I keep it for good luck.

Hello. I haven't got anything to write about really, and I ought to be asleep right now considering the fact that I won't really be sleeping for the next two days... but. I've been in a bit of a rut lately and when I'm in a rut I don't write, or talk to people much, in all honesty... and then people get worried because they haven't heard from me. (These are true facts - not just my assumptions. The other day a friend asked if I've ever had suicidal urges. I haven't, by the way.) No, I've just been a bit worn down lately, that's all. Lots of things going on this month - lots of things to finish up, and lots of things to start before I can finish them... you know. Normal end-of-the-semester stuff. Including planning my classes for next semester. Last night I looked at the list I've been working on, and I'm at 20 units for the fall. I told that to Mom and she put her head in her hands and said, "I don't want to live with you and 20 units!" I told her that I didn't, either. The trouble is that I've got classes that I need to take, but also a bunch of classes that I want to take, before I leave VC forever. Since fall semester will be my last (hopefully), I want to take all the classes that I've ever considered "fun", in addition to the ones that I still need for GE. So it's kind of tough... I could do 20 units, but I also need to get a job, and I'll still be driving Betty 4 hours a week, as well as teaching a class at Groups. (Amelia and I are teaching "Color and Design". Classes there are considered full at 12 students, and so far we've got 13. By the way... THAT'S pretty crazy. And cool. Our class description was pretty brilliant, if I do say so myself...) In any case. I might have to sacrifice one of my fun classes, like tap dance, if it comes to that. Which would be sad... I'd love to break out my tap shoes again and have another semester of that. But I suppose getting a job and making money and going to Ireland is necessary. And totally worth it.

Agh, it's almost midnight. I need sleep. I'm going to Disneyland with my graduating class tomorrow! Haven't been there since my 12th birthday, so I'm excited. It'll be weird, though... I've never gone with anyone other than my family, and we all pretty much like the same rides and things... so going with a group of like 20 people will be a bit different. Still fun though, hopefully.

Alrighty, I'm going to bed. Rest assured that things are alright here. Granted, if you think to, I could probably use some prayers... I've got to beat these mean reds. I can't let them get the best of me, especially this month. But when I'm thinking clearly, I know that things are going to be alright - I've got good music and good coffee (when I make it, anyway), and I can see a few stars through my window at night when I'm going to sleep. I hope conditions are similar in whatever corner of the world you find yourself in these days.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I feel your pain. I had to decide between piano lessons and ballroom dancing last semester, because my piano teacher said he wasn't interested in teaching me lessons if I were also taking 20 creds. So I just took ballroom and did 18. Still not sure it was the right decision. =/

    ReplyDelete