Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tomorrow comes!

We got Les Miserables on netflix, the 25th anniversary version that was made in 2010. Dad and Mom watched it about a week ago, but I was gone and then couldn't get around to seeing it till tonight. Oh. My. Goodness. It's almost ridiculous how incredible the ending song is. I can't think of any way that any play could end that would stir people more. Also, I'm a crybaby these days. Any song that Eponine or Fantine sang had me in tears.

Tomorrow I will be an adult. Ew. Or at least, I'll be eighteen. That sounds a little better.

Also, I dropped off Peter at the auto paint place today. I feel a little stranded without him... Dad has to drive me to school tomorrow. It's been a while since THAT had to happen. I hope they do a good job with the paint... he's going to be red. :) I'm excited for two reasons: the first being that I love red, the second being that every honda civic in the world is that moss-green color and I'm tired of me and Peter blending in. No more! Which also means that I'll probably get a ticket for something sometime soon. Red cars always get tickets.

AHhhhh, I can't get Les Miserables out of my head. Musicals get me in such weird moods. After I see a play that I like, I can't think about anything else for days.
Do you hear the people sing
Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people
Who are climbing to the light.

For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
And the sun will rise.

They will live again in freedom
In the garden of the Lord.
They will walk behind the plough-share,
They will put away the sword.
The chain will be broken
And all men will have their reward.

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Do you hear the people sing?
Say, do you hear the distant drums?
It is the future that they bring
When tomorrow comes...
Tomorrow comes!


Goodnight you good Leslie you.

4 comments:

  1. Aha! Aha! ...I love that movie.

    The color red is the best on cars, you made a good choice : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good one. Although Marius. What the heck?! I was watching it and I didn't recognize him... I kept telling my Mom, "Why did they cast this kid? He's ugly and he can't sing the part!" Then I looked it up and found out it was Nick Jonas... haha.

    But aside from him, I thought it was pretty stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. serious? they put a jonas brother in there?
    that's unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete