Sunday, May 8, 2011

Must be nice.

As I sit here looking through pictures on facebook of the weeks past, and thinking about the homework I should be doing, all while simultaneously getting ready to go to Ami's with the parents for a Mothers Day dessert.... my cat is lying on the floor next to my feet, in the square of light shining through our glass backdoor. She's got her stomach exposed to acquire the most warmth on the biggest part of her body (the wretch is getting rather fat these days), and her paws are over her face so that only her whiskers stick out, in odd angles. She moves every once in a while and her bell jingles once or twice, but that's it. I even pet her and she didn't bat at me or run away or anything. She seems to be incredibly and simply happy. I wonder how cats do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment