Monday, January 10, 2011

Where we together weathered many a storm,

Laughin’ and singin’ till the early hours of the morn.

I suppose one day I'll get better about writing on here; I used to be pretty good at it. Ah well - my excuse is that it was Christmas break, and break means getting a break from everything. Now that spring semester is beginning, however, I suppose I'll need a place to ramble every once in a while - so here I am. Hope your new year has been swell so far, by the way. Mine's been pretty grand - if not a little strange. But mostly it's been good. Aside from the fact that I'm sick with some wretched thing that is killing my throat and my ear. Oh well... I made it all autumn without getting sick while everyone was getting the cold and flu.. I suppose it's my turn after all. The trouble with being sick is that it makes one totally uncreative. And that makes trouble for blog attempts. It also means that coffee tastes weird, which means that I don't drink as much, which means I get a bad headache. Bahh.

This is going to be an interesting semester. Lots of classes... lots of hours at school... weird schedule. Irregular schedule. Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? I suppose not, but it should be... schedules should be very regular. Especially for OCD-plagued, neat-freaky people like me. I wonder if my well-ordered brain will withstand this semester. Actually, I'm still wondering if my well-ordered brain withstood LAST semester. I've been feeling oddly disorganized lately. Not only disorganized, but sometimes completely contradictory to my normal self. I've started missing opportunities for good lines or comebacks, for example. Not to say that I've always been amazing at those things... but I'm usually much better than I am these days. Which is annoying.

The thought just struck me that a few weeks ago, I was in math class at this time. HAH.

I had one of those dreams last night where you show up someplace without clothes on. I've never had one of those before. At least it wasn't somewhere like school or church.... I think it was the beach. Which would be perfectly appropriate if it was a nudist beach... but it wasn't. I just remember thinking, "Well shoot. This is awkward." The night before last, I had this really weird dream that was very stylistically like The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, and I can't remember exactly what happened... other than that it started out at some classy Hollywood soiree party at a huge beach house. I think someone was chasing me, or else chasing someone else and I wanted to protect them... so I found this gate that led to a secret tunnel under the house. The tunnel kept getting smaller and smaller until I had to crawl through it (which was gross because there were crabs) and just when I could barely fit, I found a door to the other side. I don't remember exactly what happened from here, other than that I ended up in this strange house where the sky was red, and there were the bodies of several missing people hidden in the lawn, which was a sea of thumbtacks.

I blame night-time cold medicine.

Well, I think I'm going to go wash my car. Either that or drink more coffee. Hm. Ten guesses which I'll do.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think your dreams are better than the one I had two nights ago! I dreamt that there was a huuuuge earthquake (like the earth-splitting kind) and you and Mom disappeared. We looked for you everywhere, but the earth literally swallowed you up. It was devastating. And then this deranged crazy gunman was following us around as we looked for you, and he kept swinging his pistol around wildly, aiming at our heads. I woke up with tears streaming down my face, and I was holding my head as if crouching low to avoid bullets. Phew! Not pleasant at all.

    I hope you feel better soon! If it is any comfort, I'm sick too :-(

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete