Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dead.

Ceased to be. No-more. An ex-Laura.

6:30 really is far too early to wake up for this poor ol' heart of mine. Pretty much the only way I've been able to force myself to school in the morning is to blast the soundtrack for The Scarlet Pimpernel in my car and sing along at the top of my lungs. I suppose it's a two-part benefit: my morning suddenly becomes much more dramatic and exciting and pumped, AND I provide entertainment for the people next to me in the rotten traffic jams. I don't mean to gripe so early in the semester, but VC really does take it out of me. I got home after a day packed with classes, and had to immediately sit down and catch-up on the online orientation (for another class) that I was missing. And there wasn't even any coffee. (I've since changed this last fact, which means that the world has gotten a little brighter. But still. It's a bit like putting on a mitten AFTER you've already lost your fingers to frost-bite.) sigh. In any case - tomorrow I don't have to go anywhere, so that's nice. A whole day to get my things in order before facing the cold dark wintery world again on Thursday.

I've been having weird dreams lately. Very vivid, weird dreams. Last night I must have dreamt about drugs or something, because I woke up with the words "pepsi and cocaine" stuck in my head, over and over, like I'd been singing them. ahaha, and then there was this brief dream where a boy I know came up and told me that his "spiritual gift" was speaking Czechoslovakian. Which I don't even think exists. (At least not since 1993.)

Eeeeeeeeee. Why do teachers give so much homework for the first week? It seems like they used to expect that students wouldn't have the books and materials and things yet, and so on the first day you'd walk in, receive a syllabus, and walk out. But nooo, not so. All of my classes were full-time today, and I have tests or quizzes in all of them next week. AND I don't even have the books yet. But instead of doing something useful, like organizing my notes into their respective notebooks, or doing homework, or ordering books from amazon.... I'm here. I'm here because I honestly can't force myself to do any more work today.

Laura, this does not bode well for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment