Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I am way into The Eels right now.

"Daisies of the Galaxy"

Take heart, my little friend,
And push back your seat.
Soon we'll be far away,
Far from the street
Where you learned how to be
Not what you are.

Up on the shoulder,
There is a town
With a little motel
And an old movie house.
We'll go to a movie,
Whatever it is.

Watching the movie,
The world's gonna end.
And there ain't a place for
A boy and his friend
To go.

I'll pick some daisies
From the flower bed
Of the galaxy theater
While you clear your head.
I thought some daisies
Might cheer you up.

1 comment:

  1. I don't always love his voice, but I almost always love the lyrics. i really love Flower and Guest List and Trouble with Dreams. And PS I Love You. And Need Some Sleep... and Last Stop This Town... yeah, really all of it.

    ReplyDelete