Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Human kindness is overflowing...

And I think it's going to rain today.

What a sad, sad song. But I didn't actually realize how sad it was until I looked up the lyrics. It's just so lovely to listen to. I just read my sister's blog and discovered that it's the first day of fall. Happy fall! Now I can wear scarves and not have to bother with people asking why I'm wearing them. I'm also looking forward to that extra hour of sleep we get one of these Saturdays... whenever that is. Fall-time just reminds me of the opening sequence in You've Got Mail, which pretty much makes me ridiculously cheery. ("Don't you just love New York in the fall?" And the bit about the butterfly on the subway. Gah.) I wish that I could be Meg Ryan in that movie. Actually, ideally, I would be Julie Andrews. They both have their adorably quirky moments and ways of saying things that make every girl want to imitate them. Of course there ARE those weird girls who don't like Meg Ryan, which I don't get. I've not met anyone who doesn't like Julie Andrews, but if I did, I wouldn't be responsible for my actions.

I've got to be tottering off to school soon. First I need breakfast. Today's math and art appreciation, and tomorrow I have an oral interp in speech. We're supposed to read a passage from any book and talk about it. I'm reading The Little Prince. :)

Also, this made me happy.

Me (to Kate):
Vieww hallooooo, my hideous primate. ("Oh yes, definitely, ah, view-halloo!") I miss you and I never called you back. This is a shame on my part. I really should call you back. I will soon and we will have talks. Perhaps I will get a coffee at the harbor and walk about while on the phone with you, and pretend you're walking with me, just like old times. Except to make it fully like old times, I'll also have to throw my coffee on the ground and pretend that you dropped it. It sounds promising already.
How is school, heinous? Things here are hideous. But we survive. Tis what we do.


Kate:
Heinous, your note makes me outrageous. I miss you a ton. I am sorry you are teething but these things happen. Fear not, I will be there soon to drop your coffee for you. I love you so much. Sneer at Suki for me.
Ps. We conquer. It's more humble to say we survive, but to people who know how much strength it sometimes takes to do so with grace--it can be viewed as a victory.
I hope to see you this weekend, precious


No comments:

Post a Comment