Friday, November 4, 2011

Home, let me go home - Home is wherever I'm with you.

I used to be good at writing regular updates on here. Rest assured that my recent failure in this is not because I've run out of things to say. It's just that things are so ridiculously busy around here that I never have the chance to sit down and write ANYTHING. And when I do, that's when my mind goes blank. Or I'm in too bad of a mood to write, or else I don't want to write about what I'm thinking about. It's a terrible thing. Take right now, for instance. I've seriously got at least two novels worth of things to write about, if I could organize it all intelligently. But it's 12:30 AM, and tomorrow is going to be insane. As is the next day. (WEDDING. GAAALRKNLEKRNLKDFJFDDDDDDD. MY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED WHAT WHAT WHAT?!!! EXCITEMENT.) Aaaaaaaaaand the next day.... you know, the cycle of insane days doesn't actually end until after Christmas. Seriously. I wish I were joking.

I mean it's a good kind of crazy for the most part... but still. A girl does get tired after a certain point.

And I want to write right now, but my stinking adorable brother wants to show me his suit and bow-tie. And Kate is lying on my bed. And my cat is licking my window-sill, which I hate. Why does she do this?! It makes the most horrible sound. Ohh. Now she's scratching Kate and Kate is whimpering. And Jon will trounce in any second to show off his snazzy cuteness.

I wish life could exist in moments like this forever. I wish we could all live in the excitement of upcoming events, but never actually change a thing.

One of the most comforting sounds of my early highschool years was that of Jon listening to his music behind closed doors, late into the night. For some reason that always comes into my mind whenever he's going to leave for a trip. Just that comfort of knowing he was close, and that he'd be awake for much longer than I would. And now he's moving out. I'm so happy for him, but I think the next few nights will make me sad, without hearing him in the room two doors down.

I agree with Holden Caulfield. It would be nice to keep the things we love in glass boxes like at the museums, so they could never leave us. But that's not very fair, is it? The birds have to fly off one of these days.

I ought to kick the cat and comfort Kate. Oh, and here he comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment