Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You win some, you lose some.

A few hours ago I was sitting here stressing over my assignment for my Creative Writing class. Strange, I know, that I should stress over something I love so much. We have to write a story combining elements of descriptions that we wrote last week. Simple, right? Not so. I was completely dry for ideas. Now, I've been wanting to write a short story on that True-Grit-esque dream I had the other night, but couldn't really justify myself spending time joy-writing (ha...) when I had so much school to do. So I decided to fudge the assignment a little bit, so that I could kill two birds with one stone, and make the assignment work for both. Well, I wrote it... but not only is it too long, it's entirely inappropriate for a class of young teenage homeschool girls. Not inappropriate as in bad, but it's... well, disturbing. I don't know, disturbing to me, at least. So now I've lost out on four hours of homework time, and I still have to figure out another story to write for class. Ugh.

BUT. You can make me happy and read it anyway, and let me know what you think. Also, yes, stupid title, but I had to give it a name in order to post it. When I think of something better I will change it. Ohh, so title recommendations are welcome, too.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2895606/1/The_Mountain_Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment