Thursday, March 3, 2011

If I Had More Time.

[Which is a fantastic song. Tarkio. Look it up.]

1. Become incredibly well-read. There are so many brilliant people out there who have spilled brilliant things across many pages. Odd for me to admit this, whatwith my growing discontentment with humanity in general, but it's true. People can be so doggone brilliant.
2. Spend some time in Ireland. Also visit England, Rome, Paris, and many small villages inbetween.
3. Speak French fluently.
4. Learn a dead language.
5. Hug Jeff Bridges.
6. Find and marry Hugh Jackman.
7. Order a venti black coffee at the original Starbucks in Seattle. I will be wearing a long coat and a red scarf, be sitting on a couch inside, and will be reading T.S. Eliot. Look for me there.
8. Get something published.
9. Learn to play the harmonica.
10. Read through the Bible chronologically and in a short amount of time.
11. Live in a house with an unobstructed view of the sunrise.
12. Get the MG in our driveway running, and drive away in it with astounding speed and accuracy. I will also know how to drive stick by this time.
13. Receive a letter from Alan Arkin in response to the fan-letter I sent him years ago. He will also compliment me on my amazing artistic skills and on my ambitions of being able to "jump just like him".
14. Own and decorate my sunrise-view home. I will tell them "I don't care what it costs" and mean it.
15. Dye my hair red. Just to see.
16. Fly out to the moon and look back at earth, so I can get a proper perspective on everything.
17. Visit Chicago and sing "My Kind of Town" very loudly.
18. Be in a play on Broadway.
19. Take a road trip around the States. Yes, people are everywhere and technology links us far too closely... but there have got to be undiscovered places yet to see.
20. In the eventuality that none of these travels take place: Discover beautiful things, brilliant people, and excitement mingled with contentment in the places that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment