Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Any day now, any day now, I shall be released.

Wishful thinking, Bob. 3 weeks down - 14.5 to go.

I finished my psychology homework last night around 10, and gave my speech in class today. (Went pretty awfully, by the way, but this particular speech was graded on an "all or nothing" scale - so if we stand up and talk, we get an A. So that's nice.). The only thing left to stress over is my math test tomorrow. I'm not trying to be negative, but I really am expecting to get into class tomorrow and have no idea where to start on the problems presented. The professor hasn't really taught us anything - he presents it like it's all review. It probably is review, for those students who have done all the math classes you're supposed to do before college algebra... but I got signed off early from the math program I was in last semester, which means I'm at least one semester behind everyone else. And reading the textbook doesn't really help that much anyway, because it's basically a foreign language (at least to me). Soo... yeah. I'm waiting for Dad to get off my computer (my math program is on there) and then I figure I've got a good 12 hours to try to figure it out. Today will be fun.

My happy thought is that this is the last math class I will ever have to take. (That is, unless I fail it. But we'll try not to think about that.)

You know something ridiculous? Kate's home before school starts for her next week, and she's been sleeping in to all kinds of ridiculous hours. She's asleep now, and I'm incredibly jealous. In fact I'm thinking of going and waking her up just to spite her. It's not fair that she has nothing to do when I'm dying under a load of evil textbooks... buuuuut such is life.

If you think to, say a prayer for me tomorrow between 11 and 12:15. I need to pass this class but the odds aren't really in my favor. So... prayers for success would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Louly!
    Even the math, as beastly as it seems right now.
    I'll see what I (or Jesse) can help you with this weekend. See you Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete