Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I like songs about drifters -

books about the same.
They both seem to make me feel a little less insane.
Walked on off to another spot;
I still haven't got anywhere that I want.

I've realized that having online classes/classes with online homework is a very, very bad idea for me. It's not even that I care about things like yahoo or facebook - I just get tired and bored easily, so I do a half hour of homework and then find myself looking at pictures or chatting with people. Or writing this blog right now. I really shouldn't begin procrastinating so early in the school year, but I suppose it's all habit by now. Oh well. I read Psychology for two hours today, and only managed to read about 25 pages. This is very discouraging. I decided I'd had enough of that, so I moved onto homework for College Algebra. That lasted about an hour. I then drank some water, attended to facebook for a minute or two, and here I am: the finished product of a long, frustrating, and not terribly eventful day.

Although, my happy thought is that my father just came home from Costco with a box of goldfish crackers for me. Incidentally, am I the only one that still calls them "fishies"? I called him up to ask for them and I had to add the word "cracker" onto the end because he thought I was asking for pets.

I want a haircut.

Weird thought: depending on where I decide to go to college, this could be my last year at home. As in, a year from right now, I could very well be in a dorm room, in CA or otherwise. So I need to start looking at schools. I have to say I'm pretty ready to move on: Prague really cemented that in my mind. I found that I don't get homesick. I missed my family, a few of my friends... but that was it. Even now, being back, I don't really feel attached to anything. I'm ready to move onto the next phase, whenever that comes. At any rate, that'll be nice.

I've been having a hard time concentrating this week. Maybe I'm just tired, or maybe... mm, no, that's pretty much it, I think I'm just tired. The weird thing is that I haven't even been having much coffee lately - 2, maybe 3, cups a day at the most. Before I went to Prague I was having about 6. Maybe European coffee spoiled me, but now ours just doesn't taste the same. Of course, it could have something to do with our make-shift coffee filters. In any case, it's not all that fantastic.

I feel like I need to be writing these days more than ever... but it's hard to write a story when I can't even concentrate long enough to write a sensible blog entry. My thoughts are jumping everywhere (in case you didn't notice that for yourself.). In fact I tried writing just an hour or so ago, but it ended up being about how my sister stole my only nail-polish while I was gone and lost it. I figured I could easily write about that here if I really wanted to, so I shelved the project and came here instead. Though, as it's almost 10:00, I think I may just go to bed soon. I get tired a lot easier these days - though, as I keep trying to tell myself, I think that's normal after a week like last week. Maybe things will settle down, and maybe school will get more interesting... maybe our coffee will actually taste good someday. I'd say that that would be a successful semester.

I know that starting over is not what life's all about.
But my thoughts were so loud, I couldn't hear my mouth.
My thoughts were so loud, I couldn't hear my mouth.
My thoughts were so loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment