Friday, October 21, 2011

Temples and green dust.

I don't know what my mind is trying to do, but I had another weirdly vivid and stressful dream last night. Describing it really doesn't do it justice... I tried to tell Amelia about it, and I can't figure out how convey the weird feeling it gave me. But here goes.

It was kind of a two-part dream, but with the same people. I was with this group of guys (I knew them in my dream, but now that I'm trying to figure out who they were, I have no idea). We were wandering through this huge swamp (think Dead Marshes), looking for some kind of medieval temple (which was actually built to float, so it was more like a boat) that was called "The Ark of the Covenant". It wasn't the actual ark of the covenant - it was just called that. Anyway, we finally found it, and we decide to go in. Except then the guys decide to stay on the shore and watch for dolphins (dolphins in a swamp - I know), so I went in by myself. I tripped when I walked through the door so I tumbled down into it, and when I stood up I got the weirdest feeling. I can still feel it now when I think about it. The only way I know how to describe it is by comparing it to the mausoleum where my grandpa is buried. Just that feeling of walking alone between marble walls that are holding people inside. I walked in there last year and felt this weird oppressive feeling that terrified me but somehow obligated me to stay. Anyway - the temple in my dream wasn't a mausoleum, but it had that same heavy feeling. I walked through it a ways until I saw this suit of armor, and suddenly I knew that there was someone inside of it. I don't know how I knew that, but I did, so I turned around and ran.

Then the dream sort of switched, and I was sitting with the guys around a table somewhere. On the table, there was this little gray box with weird designs on it, and a fine green dust was floating up out of the top. One of the boys explained to me that the box/dust was a sort of truth detector. So he began saying various words and descriptions about another one of the boys - "blonde", "short", "likes sports" - and if the statement was true about that other boy, the cloud of green dust would get bigger. So this first boy began with harmless descriptive words about the other boy, but then he started getting really deep and personal - I don't remember what he said, but it was all about the other boy's fears and problems and stuff. Things nobody really wants anyone to know (much less talk) about. It was like the Judgement Day, except instead of God there was a little box and green dust. The second boy finally got so frustrated and embarrassed that he left. Then the first boy looked at me and said, "Alright, your turn." And I started panicking because I knew that the box would know everything that was true about me.

And then I woke up. You know, if I somehow could combine all of these dreams of mine, that would be one interesting book.

No comments:

Post a Comment